Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Oceania: Live In NYC [Blu-ray]



New Pumpkins Bringing Their A-Game!
This beautifully shot concert demonstrates the power and ferocity of the newest incarnation of The Smashing Pumpkins. I doubt anyone could see this material and still argue that the old members were better. Jeff, Nicole, and Mike more than hold their own, and display their musical versatility, each playing at least two different instruments throughout the show. They bring a fresh, vibrant feel even to the older material. The 3D-2D Blu-Ray offers exceptional audio and video quality, making you feel like you're seeing the performance in person. This is a must-have for all PumpkinHeads!

perfect way to remember show
Recieved the blu-ray on the day it was released since I had pre-ordered it. I have seen the Pumpkins in concert several times including the Oceania tour. Great editing and filming of the concert. All the concerts on the tour started by playing the Oceania album from start to finish, then a nice mix of greatest hits. My favorite was the slow tempo version of Hummer that was only on the set list of the last few dates of the tour. The camera angles were a nice mix of crowd shots, close up of the band members playing, and the center stage view that included the globe hanging over the drummer that had neat video feeds on it. Since the concert was the one in New York city that was originally scheduled for Halloween night and got re scheduled because of Hurricane Sandy, they included shots of the New York city subway system to tie it together with the Brooklyn setting. However they showed several scenes of the Washington DC subway system mixed in for some reason. Great show, Great disk

Great concert, package could have more...
The most important stuff- yes, this looks great in 1080p, the sound is perfect, and it's an enjoyable show filled with (good) new material, and some of my old favorites (X.Y.U!!!)

This blu-ray does not come with the CD.... The DVD version does come with it.... really? Why are we punishing people for paying for the high def experience? I already own Oceania as a studio album, but a live CD wouldve been great. I'm not going to buy it separately when I already payed for the concert on Bluray...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment